WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. declaration, statement
- usage: a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)
- 2. declaration, testimony
- usage: (law) unsworn statement that can be admitted in evidence in a legal transaction; "his declaration of innocence"
- 3. declaration, statement
- usage: a statement of taxable goods or of dutiable properties
- 4. contract, declaration, bid, bidding
- usage: (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
- 5. announcement, proclamation, annunciation, declaration, statement
- usage: a formal public statement; "the government made an announcement about changes in the drug war"; "a declaration of independence"
- 6. resolution, declaration, resolve, document, written document, papers
- usage: a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
All rights reserved.
See also: declaration (Dictionary)