Meaning of declaration
Pronunciation: (dek"lu-rā'shun), [key]
- the act of declaring; announcement: a declaration of a dividend.
- a positive, explicit, or formal statement; proclamation: a declaration of war.
- something that is announced, avowed, or proclaimed.
- a document embodying or displaying an announcement or proclamation: He posted the declaration in a public place.
- a formal statement presenting the plaintiff 's claim in an action.
- a complaint.
- a statement, esp. by a witness.
- a statement made to an official.
- Bridge.a bid, esp. the successful bid.
- the statement during the game of the points earned by a player, in bezique or other games.
- a statement of goods, income, etc., esp. for the assessment of duty, tax, or the like.
- declaration (Thesaurus)