Synonyms of decent
- 1. decent, nice, respectable (vs. unrespectable)
- usage: socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous; "from a decent family"; "a nice girl"
- 2. becoming, comely, comme il faut, decent, decorous, seemly, proper (vs. improper)
- usage: according with custom or propriety; "her becoming modesty"; "comely behavior"; "it is not comme il faut for a gentleman to be constantly asking for money"; "a decent burial"; "seemly behavior"
- 3. decent (vs. indecent), clean#8, unobjectionable, decorous, proper
- usage: conforming to conventions of sexual behavior; "speech in this circle, if not always decent, never became lewd"- George Santayana
- 4. adequate, decent, enough, sufficient (vs. insufficient)
- usage: sufficient for the purpose; "an adequate income"; "the food was adequate"; "a decent wage"; "enough food"; "food enough"
- 5. decent, modest (vs. immodest)
- usage: decently clothed; "are you decent?"
- 6. decent, modest (vs. immodest)
- usage: observing conventional sexual mores in speech or behavior or dress; "a modest neckline in her dress"; "though one of her shoulder straps had slipped down, she was perfectly decent by current standards"
- 1. properly, decently, decent, in good order, right, the right way
- usage: in the right manner; "please do your job properly!"; "can't you carry me decent?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of decent (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.