decent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dē'sunt), [key]
- conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., as in behavior or speech.
- respectable; worthy: a decent family.
- adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.
- kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.
- suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.
- of fairly attractive appearance: a decent face.
- wearing enough clothing to appear in public.
- great; wonderful.
- decent (Thesaurus)