WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. David, Saint David, St. David
- usage: patron saint of Wales (circa 520-600)
- 2. David, Jacques Louis David
- usage: French neoclassical painter who actively supported the French Revolution (1748-1825)
- 3. David
- usage: (Old Testament) the 2nd king of the Israelites; as a young shepherd he fought Goliath (a giant Philistine warrior) and killed him by hitting him in the head with a stone flung from a sling; he united Israel with Jerusalem as its capital; many of the Psalms are attributed to David (circa 1000-962 BC)
All rights reserved.
See also: david (Dictionary)