David: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dā'vid for 1, 2, 5 Fr. da&wdspcvēd' for 3, 5 Sp. dä&sylpvē&thslash' for 4, 5), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- died c970 b.c., the second king of Israel, reigned c1010–c970, successor to Saul: slayer of the Philistine giant Goliath.
- Also calleda.d. c510–601?, Welsh bishop: patron saint of Wales.
- 1748–1825, French painter.
- a city in SW Panama. 70,700.
- a male given name: from a Hebrew word meaning “beloved.”