- 1. cub, greenhorn, rookie, novice, beginner, tyro, tiro, initiate
- usage: an awkward and inexperienced youth
- 2. cub, lad, laddie, sonny, sonny boy, male child, boy
- usage: a male child (a familiar term of address to a boy)
- 3. cub, young carnivore, young mammal
- usage: the young of certain carnivorous mammals such as the bear or wolf or lion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cub, give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
- usage: give birth to cubs; "bears cub every year"
All rights reserved.
See also: cub (Dictionary)