cub: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kub), [key]
— n., v. cubbed, cub•bing.
- the young of certain animals, as the bear, lion, or tiger.
- a young shark.
- a young and inexperienced person, esp. a callow youth or young man.
- a young person serving as an apprentice.
- (cap.)Aeron. any small, light monoplane with a high wing, a single engine, and an enclosed cabin.
- to work as a cub reporter.
- (of a female bear, lion, tiger, etc.) to give birth to a cub or cubs.
- to hunt fox cubs.
- cub (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.