WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. correlation, correlativity, reciprocality, reciprocity
- usage: a reciprocal relation between two or more things
- 2. correlation coefficient, coefficient of correlation, correlation, parametric statistic
- usage: a statistic representing how closely two variables co-vary; it can vary from -1 (perfect negative correlation) through 0 (no correlation) to +1 (perfect positive correlation); "what is the correlation between those two variables?"
- 3. correlation, correlational statistics, statistics
- usage: a statistical relation between two or more variables such that systematic changes in the value of one variable are accompanied by systematic changes in the other
All rights reserved.
See also: correlation (Dictionary)