Meaning of correlation
Pronunciation: (kôr"u-lā'shun, kor"-), [key]
- mutual relation of two or more things, parts, etc.
- the act of correlating or state of being correlated.
- the degree to which two or more attributes or measurements on the same group of elements show a tendency to vary together.
- the interdependence or reciprocal relations of organs or functions.
- the demonstrable equivalence, in age or lithology, of two or more stratigraphic units, as formations or members of such.
- correlation (Thesaurus)