- 1. continent, landmass, land mass
- usage: one of the large landmasses of the earth; "there are seven continents"; "pioneers had to cross the continent on foot"
- 2. Continent
- usage: the European mainland; "Englishmen like to visit the Continent but they wouldn't like to live there"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. continent (vs. incontinent)
- usage: having control over urination and defecation
- 2. celibate, continent, chaste (vs. unchaste)
- usage: abstaining from sexual intercourse; "celibate priests"
All rights reserved.
See also: continent (Dictionary)