WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consult, confer with, ask, inquire, enquire
- usage: get or ask advice from; "Consult your local broker"; "They had to consult before arriving at a decision"
- 2. consult, refer, look up, research
- usage: seek information from; "You should consult the dictionary"; "refer to your notes"
- 3. confer, confabulate, confab, consult, hash out, discuss, talk over
- usage: have a conference in order to talk something over; "We conferred about a plan of action"
- 4. consult, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: advise professionally; "The professor consults for industry"
All rights reserved.
See also: consult (Dictionary)