Meaning of consult
Pronunciation: (v.kun-sult'n.kon'sult, kun-sult'), [key]
- to seek advice or information from; ask guidance from: Consult your lawyer before signing the contract.
- to refer to for information: Consult your dictionary for the spelling of the word.
- to have regard for (a person's interest, convenience, etc.) in making plans.
- to meditate, plan, or contrive.
- to consider or deliberate; take counsel; confer (usually fol. by with): He consulted with his doctor.
- to give professional or expert advice; serve as consultant.
- a consultation.
- a secret meeting, esp. one for seditious purposes.
- consult (Thesaurus)