WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fundamental law, organic law, constitution, law
- usage: law determining the fundamental political principles of a government
- 2. constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of forming or establishing something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
- 3. United States Constitution, U.S. Constitution, US Constitution, Constitution, Constitution of the United States
- usage: the constitution written at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787 and subsequently ratified by the original thirteen states
- 4. constitution, composition, physical composition, makeup, make-up, property
- usage: the way in which someone or something is composed
- 5. Constitution, Old Ironsides
- usage: a United States 44-gun frigate that was one of the first three naval ships built by the United States; it won brilliant victories over British frigates during the War of 1812 and is without doubt the most famous ship in the history of the United States Navy; it has been rebuilt and is anchored in the Charlestown Navy Yard in Boston
All rights reserved.
See also: constitution (Dictionary)