Synonyms of constant
- 1. constant, constant quantity, invariable, quantity
- usage: a quantity that does not vary
- 2. constant, number
- usage: a number representing a quantity assumed to have a fixed value in a specified mathematical context; "the velocity of light is a constant"
- 1. changeless, constant, invariant, unvarying, invariable (vs. variable)
- usage: unvarying in nature; "maintained a constant temperature"; "principles of unvarying validity"
- 2. constant (vs. inconstant), steadfast, staunch, unswerving, unfailing, unflagging, faithful, invariable, stable, unchangeable
- usage: steadfast in purpose or devotion or affection; "a man constant in adherence to his ideals"; "a constant lover"; "constant as the northern star"
- 3. ceaseless, constant, incessant, never-ending, perpetual, unceasing, unremitting, continuous (vs. discontinuous), uninterrupted
- usage: uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing; "the ceaseless thunder of surf"; "in constant pain"; "night and day we live with the incessant noise of the city"; "the never-ending search for happiness"; "the perpetual struggle to maintain standards in a democracy"; "man's unceasing warfare with drought and isolation"; "unremitting demands of hunger"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of constant (Dictionary)