Meaning of constant
Pronunciation: (kon'stunt), [key]
- not changing or varying; uniform; regular; invariable: All conditions during the three experiments were constant.
- continuing without pause or letup; unceasing: constant noise.
- regularly recurrent; continual; persistent: He found it impossible to work with constant interruption.
- faithful; unswerving in love, devotion, etc.: a constant lover.
- steadfast; firm in mind or purpose; resolute.
- certain; confident.
- something that does not or cannot change or vary.
- a number expressing a property, quantity, or relation that remains unchanged under specified conditions.
- a quantity assumed to be unchanged throughout a given discussion.
Pronunciation: (kôn-stän'), [key]
- 1845–1902, French painter.
- constant (Thesaurus)