WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confusion, disorder
- usage: disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably; "the army retreated in confusion"
- 2. confusion, mental confusion, confusedness, muddiness, disarray, cognitive state, state of mind
- usage: a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior; "a confusion of impressions"
- 3. confusion, discombobulation, embarrassment
- usage: a feeling of embarrassment that leaves you confused
- 4. confusion, combination, combining, compounding
- usage: an act causing a disorderly combination of elements with identities lost and distinctions blended; "the confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel"
- 5. confusion, mix-up, mistake, error, fault
- usage: a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another; "he changed his name in order to avoid confusion with the notorious outlaw"
All rights reserved.
See also: confusion (Dictionary)