WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reason, reason out, conclude, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion; "We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
- 2. conclude, end, terminate
- usage: bring to a close; "The committee concluded the meeting"
- 3. conclude, resolve, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
- 4. conclude, close, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: come to a close; "The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
- 5. conclude, agree
- usage: reach agreement on; "They concluded an economic agreement"; "We concluded a cease-fire"
All rights reserved.
See also: conclude (Dictionary)