conclude: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kun-kld'), [key]
— v., -clud•ed, -clud•ing.
- to bring to an end; finish; terminate: to conclude a speech with a quotation from the Bible.
- to say in conclusion: At the end of the speech he concluded that we had been a fine audience.
- to bring to a decision or settlement; settle or arrange finally: to conclude a treaty.
- to determine by reasoning; deduce; infer: They studied the document and concluded that the author must have been an eyewitness.
- to decide, determine, or resolve: He concluded that he would go no matter what the weather.
- to shut up or enclose.
- to restrict or confine.
- to come to an end; finish: The meeting concluded at ten o'clock.
- to arrive at an opinion or judgment; come to a decision; decide: The jury concluded to set the accused free.
- conclude (Thesaurus)