WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commanding officer, commandant, commander, military officer, officer
- usage: an officer in command of a military unit
- 2. commander, leader
- usage: someone in an official position of authority who can command or control others
- 3. commander, commissioned naval officer
- usage: a commissioned naval officer who ranks above a lieutenant commander and below a captain
- 4. air force officer, commander, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: an officer in the airforce
All rights reserved.
See also: commander (Dictionary)