- 1. coal, fossil fuel, vegetable matter
- usage: fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period
- 2. ember, coal, fragment
- usage: a hot fragment of wood or coal that is left from a fire and is glowing or smoldering
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. char, coal, burn, combust
- usage: burn to charcoal; "Without a drenching rain, the forest fire will char everything"
- 2. coal, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply with coal
- 3. coal, take in, gather in
- usage: take in coal; "The big ship coaled"
All rights reserved.
See also: coal (Dictionary)