- 1. classified ad, classified advertisement, classified, newspaper ad, newspaper advertisement
- usage: a short ad in a newspaper or magazine (usually in small print) and appearing along with other ads of the same type
- 1. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- 2. classify, restrict
- usage: declare unavailable, as for security reasons; "Classify these documents"
- 3. relegate, classify, assign, attribute
- usage: assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. classified (vs. unclassified), categorized, categorised, grouped, sorted
- usage: arranged into classes
- 2. classified (vs. unclassified), eyes-only, confidential, restricted, secret, sensitive, top-secret
- usage: official classification of information or documents; withheld from general circulation; "thousands of classified documents have now been declassified"
All rights reserved.
See also: classified (Dictionary)