classified: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (klas'u-fīd"), [key]
- arranged or distributed in classes or according to class: We plan to review all the classified specimens in the laboratory.
- of or designating the part or parts of a publication that contain advertisements or lists arranged by category: Look under “plumbers” in the classified pages of the telephone book. He found a job for a “typist” in the classified section of the newspaper.
- (of information, a document, etc.)
- bearing the designation classified.
- available only to authorized persons. Cf. classification (def. 5).
- confidential or secret: The firm's promotional budget for next year is classified information.
- identified as belonging to a specific group or category, as one to which benefits or restrictions apply: Classified buildings are eligible for state-funded restoration. The bank has a list of classified customers to whom it will not make large loans.
- classified (Thesaurus)