WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. city, metropolis, urban center, municipality
- usage: a large and densely populated urban area; may include several independent administrative districts; "Ancient Troy was a great city"
- 2. city, administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
- usage: an incorporated administrative district established by state charter; "the city raised the tax rate"
- 3. city, metropolis, municipality
- usage: people living in a large densely populated municipality; "the city voted for Republicans in 1994"
All rights reserved.
See also: city (Dictionary)