WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. caste, status, position
- usage: social status or position conferred by a system based on class; "lose caste by doing work beneath one's station"
- 2. caste, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: (Hinduism) a hereditary social class among Hindus; stratified according to ritual purity
- 3. caste, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: a social class separated from others by distinctions of hereditary rank or profession or wealth
- 4. caste, animal group
- usage: in some social insects (such as ants) a physically distinct individual or group of individuals specialized to perform certain functions in the colony
All rights reserved.
See also: caste (Dictionary)