- 1. career, calling, vocation, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: the particular occupation for which you are trained
- 2. career, life history, progress, progression, procession, advance, advancement, forward motion, onward motion
- usage: the general progression of your working or professional life; "the general had had a distinguished career"; "he had a long career in the law"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. career, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move headlong at high speed; "The cars careered down the road"; "The mob careered through the streets"
All rights reserved.
See also: career (Dictionary)