Meaning of career
Pronunciation: (ku-rēr'), [key]
- an occupation or profession, esp. one requiring special training, followed as one's lifework: He sought a career as a lawyer.
- a person's progress or general course of action through life or through a phase of life, as in some profession or undertaking: His career as a soldier ended with the armistice.
- success in a profession, occupation, etc.
- a course, esp. a swift one.
- speed, esp. full speed: The horse stumbled in full career.
- a charge at full speed.
- to run or move rapidly along; go at full speed.
- having or following a career; professional: a career diplomat.
- career (Thesaurus)