Synonyms of captain
- 1. captain, commissioned military officer
- usage: an officer holding a rank below a major but above a lieutenant
- 2. captain, skipper, commissioned naval officer
- usage: the naval officer in command of a military ship
- 3. captain, police captain, police chief, policeman, police officer, officer
- usage: a policeman in charge of a precinct
- 4. master, captain, sea captain, skipper, officer, ship's officer
- usage: an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
- 5. captain, chieftain, leader
- usage: the leader of a group of people; "a captain of industry"
- 6. captain, senior pilot, pilot, airplane pilot
- usage: the pilot in charge of an airship
- 7. captain, headwaiter, maitre d'hotel, maitre d', dining-room attendant, restaurant attendant
- usage: a dining-room attendant who is in charge of the waiters and the seating of customers
- 1. captain, head, lead
- usage: be the captain of a sports team
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of captain (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.