WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. capitalize, capitalise, take advantage, profit, gain, benefit
- usage: draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake"; "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
- 2. capitalize, capitalise, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination of capital used by investors and debt capital provided by lenders
- 3. capitalize, capitalise, write
- usage: write in capital letters
- 4. capitalize, capitalise, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: compute the present value of a business or an income
- 5. capitalize, capitalise, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
- 6. capitalize, capitalise, change, exchange, commute, convert
- usage: convert (a company's reserve funds) into capital
All rights reserved.
See also: capitalize (Dictionary)