- 1. disguise, camouflage, semblance, gloss, color, colour
- usage: an outward semblance that misrepresents the true nature of something; "the theatrical notion of disguise is always associated with catastrophe in his stories"
- 2. camouflage, camo, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background
- 3. camouflage, screen, cover, covert, concealment
- usage: device or stratagem for concealment or deceit
- 4. disguise, camouflage, concealment, concealing, hiding
- usage: the act of concealing the identity of something by modifying its appearance; "he is a master of disguise"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. camouflage, disguise, mask
- usage: disguise by camouflaging; exploit the natural surroundings to disguise something; "The troops camouflaged themselves before they went into enemy territory"
All rights reserved.
See also: camouflage (Dictionary)