camouflage: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kam'u-fläzh"), [key]
— n., adj., v., -flaged, -flag•ing.
- the act, means, or result of obscuring things to deceive an enemy, as by painting or screening objects so that they are lost to view in the background, or by making up objects that have from a distance the appearance of fortifications, guns, roads, etc.
- concealment by some means that alters or obscures the appearance: Drab plumage provides the bird with camouflage against predators.
- a device or stratagem used for concealment: His loud laughter is really camouflage for his basic shyness.
- clothing made of fabric with a mottled design, usually in shades of green and brown, similar to that used in military camouflage.
- (of fabric or clothing) made with or having a mottled design similar to that used on military camouflage: a camouflage T-shirt.
- to disguise, hide, or deceive by means of camouflage: to camouflage ships by painting them gray.
- to use camouflage.
- camouflage (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.