- 1. bulldog, English bulldog, working dog
- usage: a sturdy thickset short-haired breed with a large head and strong undershot lower jaw; developed originally in England for bull baiting
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bulldog, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: attack viciously and ferociously
- 2. bulldog, overcome, get over, subdue, surmount, master
- usage: throw a steer by seizing the horns and twisting the neck, as in a rodeo
All rights reserved.
See also: bulldog (Dictionary)