bulldog: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bool'dôg", -dog"), [key]
— n., adj., v., -dogged, -dog•ging.
- one of an English breed of medium-sized, short-haired, muscular dogs with prominent, undershot jaws, usually having a white and tan or brindled coat, raised originally for bullbaiting.
- a stubbornly persistent person.
- a short-barreled revolver of large caliber.
- slag from a puddling furnace.
- an assistant to the proctor at Oxford and Cambridge universities.
- like or characteristic of a bulldog or of a bulldog's jaws: bulldog obstinacy.
- to attack in the manner of a bulldog.
- to throw (a calf, steer, etc.) to the ground by seizing the horns and twisting the head.
- bulldog (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.