- 1. blink, eye blink, blinking, wink, winking, nictitation, nictation, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blink, wink, nictitate, nictate, act involuntarily, act reflexively
- usage: briefly shut the eyes; "The TV announcer never seems to blink"
- 2. wink, blink, blink away, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: force to go away by blinking; "blink away tears"
- 3. flash, blink, wink, twinkle, winkle, radiate
- usage: gleam or glow intermittently; "The lights were flashing"
All rights reserved.
See also: blink (Dictionary)