- 1. batter, hitter, slugger, batsman, ballplayer, baseball player
- usage: (baseball) a ballplayer who is batting
- 2. batter, concoction, mixture, intermixture
- usage: a liquid or semiliquid mixture, as of flour, eggs, and milk, used in cooking
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buffet, knock about, batter, strike
- usage: strike against forcefully; "Winds buffeted the tent"
- 2. clobber, baste, batter, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: strike violently and repeatedly; "She clobbered the man who tried to attack her"
- 3. dinge, batter, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: make a dent or impression in; "dinge a soft hat"
All rights reserved.
See also: batter (Dictionary)