Meaning of batter
- to beat persistently or hard; pound repeatedly.
- to damage by beating or hard usage: Rough roads had battered the car. High winds were battering the coast.
- to deal heavy, repeated blows; pound steadily: continuing to batter at the front door.
- a damaged area on the face of type or plate.
- the resulting defect in print.
- a mixture of flour, milk or water, eggs, etc., beaten together for use in cookery.
- to coat with batter.
- a player who swings a bat or whose turn it is to bat, as in baseball or cricket.
— Archit. Archit.
- (of the face of a wall or the like) to slope backward and upward.
- a backward and upward slope of the face of a wall or the like.
- batter (Thesaurus)