- 1. knock, bash, bang, smash, belt, blow, bump
- usage: a vigorous blow; "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
- 2. bang, clap, eruption, blast, bam, noise
- usage: a sudden very loud noise
- 3. bang, fringe, hairdo, hairstyle, hair style, coiffure, coif
- usage: a border of hair that is cut short and hangs across the forehead
- 4. bang, boot, charge, rush, flush, thrill, kick, exhilaration, excitement
- usage: the swift release of a store of affective force; "they got a great bang out of it"; "what a boot!"; "he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"; "he does it for kicks"
- 5. hit, smash, smasher, strike, bang, success
- usage: a conspicuous success; "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"; "that new Broadway show is a real smasher"; "the party went with a bang"
- 1. slam, bang, hit
- usage: strike violently; "slam the ball"
- 2. bang, sound, go
- usage: to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound; "One of them banged the sash of the window nearest my bed"
- 3. slam, bang, close, shut
- usage: close violently; "He slammed the door shut"
- 4. bang, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move noisily; "The window banged shut"; "The old man banged around the house"
- 5. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- 6. spang, bang, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: leap, jerk, bang; "Bullets spanged into the trees"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bang, slap, slapdash, smack, bolt
- usage: directly; "he ran bang into the pole"; "ran slap into her"
All rights reserved.
See also: bang (Dictionary)