bang: Meaning and Definition of
- a loud, sudden, explosive noise, as the discharge of a gun.
- a resounding stroke or blow: a nasty bang on the head.
- a sudden movement or show of energy: He started with a bang.
- energy; vitality; spirit: The bang has gone out of my work.
- sudden or intense pleasure; thrill; excitement: a big bang out of seeing movies.
- . sexual intercourse.
- an exclamation point.
- to strike or beat resoundingly; pound: to bang a door.
- to hit or bump painfully: to bang one's ankle on a chair leg.
- to throw or set down roughly; slam: He banged the plates on the table.
- . to have sexual intercourse with.
- to strike violently or noisily: to bang on the door.
- to make a loud, sudden, explosive noise like that of a violent blow: The guns banged all night.
- . to have sexual intercourse.
- to collide with; bump into: The truck skidded on the ice and banged into a parked car.
- to damage: A passing car banged up our fender.
- suddenly and loudly; abruptly or violently: She fell bang against the wall.
- directly; precisely; right: He stood bang in the middle of the flower bed.
- immediately; right away.
- terrific; marvelous; just right: That hat is absolutely bang on.
- Often,a fringe of hair combed or brushed forward over the forehead.
- to cut (the hair) so as to form a fringe over the forehead.
- to dock (the tail of a horse or dog).
- bang (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.