WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. audience, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a gathering of spectators or listeners at a (usually public) performance; "the audience applauded"; "someone in the audience began to cough"
- 2. audience, multitude, masses, mass, hoi polloi, people, the great unwashed
- usage: the part of the general public interested in a source of information or entertainment; "every artist needs an audience"; "the broadcast reached an audience of millions"
- 3. hearing, audience, opportunity, chance
- usage: an opportunity to state your case and be heard; "they condemned him without a hearing"; "he saw that he had lost his audience"
- 4. consultation, audience, interview, conference, group discussion
- usage: a conference (usually with someone important); "he had a consultation with the judge"; "he requested an audience with the king"
All rights reserved.
See also: audience (Dictionary)