WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abrasion, attrition, corrasion, detrition, erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away
- usage: erosion by friction
- 2. grinding, abrasion, attrition, detrition, friction, rubbing
- usage: the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
- 3. attrition, contrition, contriteness, sorrow, regret, rue, ruefulness
- usage: sorrow for sin arising from fear of damnation
- 4. attrition, decrease, lessening, drop-off
- usage: a wearing down to weaken or destroy; "a war of attrition"
- 5. attrition, friction, detrition, rubbing
- usage: the act of rubbing together; wearing something down by friction
All rights reserved.
See also: attrition (Dictionary)