WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assignment, duty assignment, duty
- usage: a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces); "hazardous duty"
- 2. assignment, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
- 3. assignment, assigning, distribution
- usage: the act of distributing something to designated places or persons; "the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
- 4. grant, assignment, transferred property, transferred possession
- usage: (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
- 5. assignment, undertaking, project, task, labor
- usage: an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
- 6. appointment, assignment, designation, naming, decision, determination, conclusion
- usage: the act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
All rights reserved.
See also: assignment (Dictionary)