Meaning of assignment
Pronunciation: (u-sīn'munt), [key]
- something assigned, as a particular task or duty: She completed the assignment and went on to other jobs.
- a position of responsibility, post of duty, or the like, to which one is appointed: He left for his assignment in the Middle East.
- an act of assigning; appointment.
- the transference of a right, interest, or title, or the instrument of transfer.
- a transference of property to assignees for the benefit of creditors.
- assignment (Thesaurus)