WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appearance, visual aspect, quality
- usage: outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
- 2. appearance, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: the event of coming into sight
- 3. appearance, appearing, coming into court, attendance, attending
- usage: formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action
- 4. appearance, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: a mental representation; "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"
- 5. appearance, arrival
- usage: the act of appearing in public view; "the rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"; "it was Bernhardt's last appearance in America"
- 6. appearance, show, pretense, pretence, pretending, simulation, feigning
- usage: pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
All rights reserved.
See also: appearance (Dictionary)