WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amazon, virago, woman, adult female
- usage: a large strong and aggressive woman
- 2. Amazon, mythical being
- usage: (Greek mythology) one of a nation of women warriors of Scythia (who burned off the right breast in order to use a bow and arrow more effectively)
- 3. Amazon, Amazon River
- usage: a major South American river; arises in the Andes and flows eastward into the South Atlantic; the world's 2nd longest river (4000 miles)
- 4. amazon, parrot
- usage: mainly green tropical American parrots
All rights reserved.
See also: amazon (Dictionary)