WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adjustment, accommodation, fitting, improvement, betterment, advance
- usage: making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- 2. alteration, modification, adjustment, change
- usage: the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)
- 3. adjustment, registration, readjustment, calibration, standardization, standardisation
- usage: the act of adjusting something to match a standard
- 4. adaptation, adaption, adjustment, organic process, biological process
- usage: the process of adapting to something (such as environmental conditions)
- 5. allowance, adjustment, recompense
- usage: an amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit"
All rights reserved.
See also: adjustment (Dictionary)