WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recognition, acknowledgment, acknowledgement, acceptance
- usage: the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged; "the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work"; "she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own"
- 2. citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation, note, annotation, notation
- usage: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- 3. acknowledgment, acknowledgement, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a statement acknowledging something or someone; "she must have seen him but she gave no sign of acknowledgment"; "the preface contained an acknowledgment of those who had helped her"
All rights reserved.
See also: acknowledgment (Dictionary)