acknowledgment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ak-nol'ij-munt), [key]
- an act of acknowledging.
- recognition of the existence or truth of something: the acknowledgment of a sovereign power.
- an expression of appreciation.
- a thing done or given in appreciation or gratitude.
- a declaration before an official that one has executed a particular legal document.
- an official certificate of a formal acknowledging.
- public recognition by a man of an illegitimate child as his own.
- acknowledgment (Thesaurus)