WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adjustment, accommodation, fitting, improvement, betterment, advance
- usage: making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- 2. accommodation, settlement
- usage: a settlement of differences; "they reached an accommodation with Japan"
- 3. accommodation, developmental learning
- usage: in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
- 4. accommodation, living quarters, quarters
- usage: living quarters provided for public convenience; "overnight accommodations are available"
- 5. accommodation, aid, assist, assistance, help
- usage: the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
- 6. accommodation, alteration, modification, adjustment
- usage: (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the natural lens of the eye
All rights reserved.
See also: accommodation (Dictionary)