Meaning of accommodation
Pronunciation: (u-kom"u-dā'shun), [key]
- the act of accommodating; state or process of being accommodated; adaptation.
- adjustment of differences; reconciliation.
- a process of mutual adaptation between persons or groups, usually achieved by eliminating or reducing hostility, as by compromise or arbitration.
- anything that supplies a need, want, favor, convenience, etc.
- food and lodging.
- a seat, berth, or other facilities for a passenger on a train, plane, etc.
- readiness to aid or please others; obligingness.
- a loan.
- the automatic adjustment by which the eye adapts itself to distinct vision at different distances.
- accommodation (Thesaurus)