FA Cup Quiz
In 1963, during the "Big Freeze," how many days did the Third Round last?
In 2008, which club was the first to miss all four penalties?the first time this has happened in FA Cup history?
Where was the first FA Cup Championship match played?
- The Wanderers defeated the Royal Engineers at Kennington Oval stadium in 1872.
In 1872, 15 clubs entered the FA Cup. How many clubs actually played?
The first FA Cup final match played outside of England took place in what city?
- In 2001, the first FA Cup final was held outside of England at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.
What player has scored the most goals in the history of the FA Cup finals?
- Ian Rush scored five goals during FA Cup finals. He is the second highest FA Cup scorer of all time, with 44 goals.
In 1998, what team won both the Premier League and the FA Cup?
- Arsenal won both championships in the same year in 1993 and 1998.
Alvechurch defeated what team in 1971 during the longest tie—6 games—in the history of a FA Cup final?
- Alvechurch defeated Oxford City 1–0 in a match that lasted 660 minutes.
At the age of 17 years and 119 days, who was the youngest player to participate in a FA Cup final?
- In 2004, Curtis Weston became the youngest player in the FA Cup final, beating the record of James Prinsep, who played in the 1879 final at the age of 17 years and 245 days.
In 2007, the FA Cup returned to England playing at what newly remodeled stadium?
- Chelsea defeated Manchester United 1–0.